Friday, September 9, 2011

Youth and Beauty Brigade: Make a Face Sticker Pad

OK, enough with the freakin' hurricanes and tropical storms.  We have been stuck inside our house all week - the last week before Kane's school and my new babysitter regularly starts!  Boo!  Because we were caught in a torrential downpour earlier in the day, we got to wear our jams for our "afternoon naps" (AKA, Kane comes out of his room 17 times until mom gives up and agrees to let him "play quietly in his room," which quiet play of course wakes me up the one day I actually decide to take an afternoon nap).  And the thought of getting us both back in regular clothes just to put us back into jams a few hours later convinced mom to let us stay like we were for the rest of the day.  We weren't going anywhere anyways.  We did get to break out something that's been in our craft closet (AKA, mom's former pantry and ongoing battleground with rowhome mice) for a while -- Melissa and Doug's Make a Face Sticker Pad.  This thing is only around $5 and it kept us occupied for quite some time this afternoon.  Kane was focused on putting his own stickers on and he did a pretty good job.  I was focused on the bling.  In honor of the return of "The Rachel Zoe Project," I fashioned up a seriously chunky necklace for my lady.  I mean I just love a chunky necklace.  It was ba. na. nas.  Get one.  Now.  You'll have a major moment.









2 comments:

Darcy said...

This looks awesome! We need to try it. This is sort of random, but the other night I had drinks with Shannon (from But I Have A Law Degree . . . ) and we were saying how nice it would be to have a blogger mommy night out. Are you interested? Would be great to meet you in person (and you're a former lawyer too, right? not that it matters either way, but it is funny that there are three of us (that I know of). Anyways, let me know what you think!

Not-So-SAHM said...

Totally! I'll shoot you an email.