Friday, October 21, 2011

This Land Fed a Nation: Claude Moore Colonial Farm

We took No Monsters in My Bed's suggestion to check out Claude Moore Colonial Farm's recent Colonial Market Fair as a more low-key alternative to the Maryland Renn Fest.  And we are so glad we did.  It was a beautiful day and even though it's in Virginia, it is relatively close to D.C. -- right by Clemyjontri Park.  It's very reasonably priced and there was all sorts of good food, games, and wares.  Dad seemed to like the beer.  I particularly liked painting the fan mom bought, but I also wanted to paint all of the other kids artwork.  So that was pretty short lived.  We also liked the turkeys, ducks, and hogs.  Check out No Monsters good review.  And don't worry if you missed it, they also have a Spring and Summer Market Fair.  And we'll definitely be back to visit the farm soon -- there is always a lot to see even when a fair isn't on.  If you're lucky, you might even get the chance to see our daddy take down an entire militia camp.  OK, he only took down one tent.  But it was pretty funny.

The only low point in our CMCF visit was that mom likely "lost" her keys there.  She can't prove it YET, but I have a habit of opening and closing all the zipper pockets in her bag.  And I MAY HAVE taken her keys out at the Fair and not put them back in.  She realized the keys were missing Monday morning right after she cleaned up Kane's "accident" and they were already late for school.  It didn't go over so well.  I'm laying low and pretending I can't talk.











1 comment:

Darcy said...

I'm so glad you liked it! What day did you go? We went on Sunday, so we may have seen you there. It was F's birthday celebration and we had two of her friends with us, so I was probably looking overwhelmed and crabby (plus I was caring a screaming toddler under my arm, football style). But we love the fair! So glad you had fun!