Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Fabric of our Lives: The Textile Museum

The Textile Museum has been on our list for a while now, but it just didn't seem like a good place for mom to take both of us by herself.  It's fairly small (for a museum) and currently housed in two historic buildings in Dupont (although it is moving to GW relatively soon).  Mom and I popped in one rainy day a few weeks ago and checked it out.  To be honest, there just wasn't much for kids my age -- although I think mom thought some of the things were pretty neat.  There is an interactive room for kids on the second floor, but it's mainly geared toward older kids -- there are interactive weaving, stamping, pattern designing, etc. exhibits.  I still thought it was pretty cool.  My favorite part was throwing pebbles in the outdoor courtyard (which drew some not-so-nice stares from the guards even though there was no one else around and I really was being well behaved).  But it killed part of the rainy day and I think we'll come back when we are a bit older.

p.s. the gift store there has some really cool, different things, some of which is available online.








No comments: