Wednesday, May 16, 2012

My Baby's Got Sauce: Applesauce Cinnamon Dough

Although we've been LOVING our color your own playdough for a few weeks now, mom has been on the lookout for some new dough ideas.  And we really randomly found an interesting looking recipe for applesauce cinnamon dough.  We wanted to make enough for both of us to play with, so we made two batches.  But, here's what you'll need to make one batch:

- large plastic baggie (we used gallon size)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup cinnamon (plus up to 1/2 cup more)

Put applesauce and cinnamon in plastic baggie and knead, knead, knead.  The mixture was still pretty sticky when we took it out, but I liked that.  Cami was NOT into the texture, so mom added about 1/4 - 1/2 cup more of cinnamon to her dough and it became much more manageable and playdough like.  Mom has since refrigerated the dough and that also seems to make it easier to play with.

On our recent trip to Fort Washington, I begged and pleaded mom and dad to buy me an $8.00 bag of plastic revolutionary soldiers.  For once, they refused.  So I was pretty psyched when we found something similar (well, not revolutionary soldiers, but they were blue and red) at Target's dollar bins later that week, which mom finally let me get.  I waged elaborate battle scenes on my applesauce cinnamon dough with my soldiers -- GW forged a serious island to protect and "those British" kept storming it.  I  played with this little batch of dough for almost an hour and then for an hour more during cleanup in the tub with my soldiers.  Best random dough ever.









1 comment:

Kristin Kopra said...

Love the title you guys came up with. Yo' mama had quite the sauce back in the day. You guys fans of G Love?????