Friday, October 18, 2013

Miscellaneous Madness: Q&A a Day For Kids


We owe a huge thank you to No Monsters in My Bed for posting on the book "Q&A a Day For Kids: A Three-Year Journal." When mom spotted their post on it, she went out and bought the book immediately. Literally. And we started right in that night.

The book provides one question a day, 365 days a year, for 3 years (the questions repeat annually), and prompts a total of 1,095 conversations with your kiddos. Sometimes mommy gets short, to-the-point answers. And sometimes we want to talk about an answer at length. It's entertaining. And surprising. A great way to capture our personalities day to day. And we LOVE it. We remind mommy almost every day and look forward to each other's answers (we take turns daily as to who answers first and we generally hear each other's answers, which frequently colors our own).

And since mom is completely defunct in the baby book department and has not yet done the family interviews from our summer bucket list, we thought it would be fun to share a few highlights each month of mom's top 5 favorite answers. Some are sweet and some are just downright hysterical (to mom, at least). So, here you go!

September 23
Q: The best thing about being a grown-up is _______.
As:
Cameron: to eat food, to eat veggies. I like to eat oranges. Um ... polka dot.
Kane: I think grown-ups are boring because they don't play. They just work, work. Well, we could cook.

September 26
Q: What did you have for breakfast today?
As:
Kane: pancakes. I mean french toast -- I wanted to fool you, but I couldn't!
Cameron: cereal {laughing as she's eating french toast}. Kane: You fooled her Cam, thanks!

October 1
Q: Whom are you worried about? Why?
As:
Kane: myself. Because I couldn't bring things to school. My teachers are going to fire me {worried about homework}.
Cameron: someone else -- it starts with the letter B. Actually, piggy -- he needs a blanket. I'm worried about that picture.

October 13
Q: If I had a magic eraser, I would erase ______.
As:
Cameron: I would sneak into my brother's room and take something.
Kane: a drawing of a princess castle -- I'd sneak into my sister's room and erase a pretty princess castle that she drew.

October 14
Q: Are you more like a monkey, a tiger, a fox, or a rabbit?
As:
Kane: a fox. I'm fierce, I like to play, I like new things ... to eat. And that's why I'm like a fox.
Cameron: um ... a giraffe. Because I like rescue robots. I get to rescue people. And they get to glow in the dark. I like horsies.

1 comment:

Darcy said...

I LOVE these! So glad you liked the book!