Thursday, November 13, 2014

Fall in Rock Creek Park


Remember our last after school visit to our Rock Creek spot? What a difference a few weeks makes! We've been loving our drives through the park the last week or so because the foliage has been bananas. And we're usually on the road as the sun is still getting it's start up and start down, so we get gorgeous light shining through. There have been days where I've found my mother's voice coming out of my mouth as I basically scream at the kids "LOOK at those leaves. They look like they are ON FIRE!" Now they automatically ooh and ahh and scream "GORGEOUS!" in defensive exaltation when we start the portion of that drive. I love it.


By the time we had a bit to stop for these photos, however, many of the leaves in that particular section of the park were already littering the ground. So while I didn't get the bright shots I was hoping to capture, I did get lots of leaf pile jumping and burying. I'll take it. I'm biased, but I think they're the cutest.











No comments: