Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Sensory Play Recipes

Sensory recipes are our go to afternoon activity during the winter months -- the kids love making them and will spend hours playing. They've been especially helpful these last few weeks as I've been packing up the house to move. But we're a little sick of our old standbys and are on the lookout for new recipes. Anyone tried these?! 


1 / DIY Aqua Sand from Growing a Jeweled Rose. 

2 / Love this bright Baking Soda Dough.

3 / My sister recently made this polka dot slime with her son's Kindergarten class. I heard it was a hit! 


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oobleck is a fun substance to play with. I had to be reminded to share. 1 cup water: 1.5 -2 cups of cornstarch and food coloring if you want color. Oobleck is a liquid or solid depending on how much force you apply. You can even accompany it with a book by Dr. Seuss, Bartholomew and the Oobleck.
Margaret

Not-So-SAHM said...

YES! We love oobleck and that book -- I always get sucked into playing with it alongside the kids!

Carrie said...

Polka dot slime is the coolest thing we've seen in a long time! My son's class loved it!

Not-So-SAHM said...

Yay! xoxo