Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Salted Caramel Italian Cream Sodas


When I used to live in Seattle, Italian Cream Sodas were a regular beverage at coffee carts. I have no idea why, but they were. And I LOVED them. I don't think I've had even one since I moved to the East Coast forever ago, but I was telling the kids all about them this past summer and we decided to try and make them ourselves. I thought it would actually be a fun holiday drink for the kids to have on Thanksgiving, especially once I spotted the very fall'ish Salted Caramel syrup. Kane and I mixed up a sample yesterday and they were deeeelish! And so easy for kids to make, too. The syrup is pretty chock full of sugar, but you get a good taste using just a little. Go ahead and add the ingredients to one of your what is sure to be many grocery trips in the next few days!


Salted Caramel Italian Cream Sodas 

Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp Salted Carmel syrup (you can find it here or check your grocery store)
- good quality club soda (it makes a difference -- we like Q Club Soda)
- 3 tbsp half + half 
- whipped cream 
- ice 

Directions: Fill bottom quarter of glass with ice. Have your kiddo measure out syrup and add to glass. Fill glass 3/4 of the way full with club soda. Add half + half. Top with whipped cream. You can add more syrup if you want to make it sweeter, but we found 2 tbsp was plenty.



No comments: