Friday, November 20, 2015

Weekend Makes

I can hardly believe that Turkey Day is almost here. November has been a total blur! But if there is any holiday that calls for taking time to handmake some celebratory items, Thanksgiving is it. I also feel like we've been dealing with a lot of heavy stuff lately and trying to impress upon the kids the importance of being grateful in a serious way. So I'm looking to add a little fun back into the holiday (while still keeping the thankful spirit of course). Here's what we'll be up to this weekend in preparation for the holiday.

1 / these turkey "Mr. Potato Heads" are amazing and free! I'm definitely printing and cutting these for the kids to do next Thursday. 2 / keep the kiddos busy and get a cute decoration out of it too with this color-in banner. 3 / I still love our silly hats ideas from last year! 4 / I like that the size of the 3-D leaves on this grateful tree are just big enough to fit one word -- easy for the kids! 5 / I love this bright, mixed media art lesson on drawing a turkey

No comments: