Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Healthy Banana Coconut Cream Pie Smoothie


Yes, you read that right. It's banana coconut cream, but it's healthy. Promise.

Cam and I have been watching a lot of Top Chef together while I cook dinner and she's been begging me to help make a kid-friendly snack that won't send her packing with her knives. We've also all been nursing sore throats, so I thought a cold smoothie might help everyone out. Here's how to make our deeeelish (and sneaky) Healthy Banana Coconut Cream Pie Smoothie:


Ingredients:
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond or coconut milk (I used equal parts of the two)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (we love Trader Joe's)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon organic honey
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup ice (depending on how chilly you want it!)
- 2 graham crackers (optional)

Directions:
- Chop up frozen bananas into 1" chunks (I froze the bananas with the skin on and used a paring knife to remove the skins before letting Cam chop them up).
-  Add banana chunks and remaining ingredients to blender and blend up until smooth.
- Let your kiddo crush graham crackers in a ziplock bag and sprinkle on top of smoothie. (I skipped the graham crackers to keep my own Paleo).

This will make enough for two child-sized servings, but I'd make extra if I were you!




1 comment:

Blogger said...

3 Researches SHOW How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

This means that you actually burn fat by consuming Coconut Fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 researches from big medical journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!