Friday, February 5, 2016

The Friday Five!

Yay for the first full week back to school! Here's what we were up to in between repeatedly putting on, taking off, drying, and redressing everyone in their snow gear.



Cooking -- whenever things get busy around dinnertime, I pull up this great Food52 non-recipe for breakfast hash. It's a good checklist to use to pull ingredients you already have together to make a delish meal. Plus, I'd eat eggs all day long.

Playing -- we had a super fun time at our recent family game night in. A win for new games!

Wanting -- I have not been able to find someone to give me the hair color I want for at least the past 7 years. I don't know if it's them, if it's my hair, or what. But I hate golden blonde on me and it seems to be all anyone will do. The last time I had it colored, I just said don't even bother trying. Just make it dark. But I'm itching to get it lighter and this is what I want. Anyone? Anyone know a good blonde highlights stylist in the DC area?!?

Making -- after we tried out Little Loving Hands in December, the kids' Uncle Steve purchased a yearly subscription for them for the holidays. We've fallen a little behind, but are working on two new crafts to donate to kids in need. Possibly my favorite craft subscription for kids ever.

Reading -- We FINALLY finished Magnus Chase and are about to start a new Blue Balliet book (we loved the Wright 3 series and even took a trip to Frank Lloyd Wright's Robie House in Chicago a few years back because of it). I just started Americanah and am already hooked a few chapters in -- if you're ever looking for good book recommendations, my friend Darcy reads more than any other person I know and always shares her reviews!

No comments: