Friday, February 12, 2016

The Friday Five!

We've had a busy week! How about you? We're about to get another dose of super cold weather, so I'm looking forward to bundling everyone up and staying inside. We have a few lingering bugs to shake off and a lot of projects on our lists. So bring it, winter. But before we move on, here's what we were up to this week ....


Playing -- Kane received this awesome beginning programming board game over the holidays, but we just finally got to it this week. There are several different levels of play and the kids picked it up quickly. They love that the parent has to participate, but as the "computer" -- following each direction the kids come up with. Finally, they get to tell me what to do :)

Wanting -- I tried to hate on the Apple Watch. But now I just want one.

Cooking -- I had a few really successful dinners this week with the kids, but this Ginger Chicken with Green Onions was tops. Kane told me it was the best "unprofessional Chinese food" he'd ever had. I'll take that.

Reading -- We got into our next Blue Balliet book, but I got it wrong last week. We actually picked up Pieces and Players and the kids (especially Kane) are happy to be back into the mystery-solving kids and pentominoes. I'm still reading Americanah, but it's giant and I hate lugging it around with me. So I also started A Woman in Arabia: The Writings of the Queen of the Desert -- a more reasonable size to toss in my bag!

Making -- we are kind of obsessed with the Strawberry Sugar Scrub we made this week.

No comments: