Friday, April 15, 2016

The Friday Five!

It's been a really funny week, and I am SO glad it's Friday! We've got family in town for the weekend and a million extracurricular things scheduled, but I'll still take it. We spent a lot of time this week reading and playing games (I was completely intrigued by this article's idea of Mind, Body, and Soul Time with your kids, so we're trying it), but read on to find out what else kept us busy this week.



Reading -- I haven't found a lot of time for my own reading lately, but we started a great new family read this week: Peter Nimble and the Fantastic Eyes. Cami has lots of ideas about the book, which she likes to interject as we're reading it. So I'm guessing it will take some time to get through. But it's pulled everyone in immediately. We also started a new audiobook, A Week in the Woods, written by the author of one of our all-time favorite books: Frindle. We've just really begun, but it seems promising!

Playing -- This game is suggested for kids slightly older than ours, but I'm so glad we went ahead and tried it anyways. They are OBSESSED. It's a great game of strategy and even Cam picked up on it immediately. Plus, it cracked me up to watch them shake the dice like they were prepping to roll a craps point.

Making -- We all loved making our Pop Art Portraits earlier this week.

Wanting -- I'll admit it. I long scoffed at luxury-priced athletic wear, but now that I've dabbled, I'm addicted. If you've ever done [solidcore], of which I'm also an addict, you'll know that even the perspiration-light folk sweat like a you know what in church. I've always had to wear a headband to keep my hair back, and to help keep sweat out of my eyes. But as I watched sweat pour off my head this week, and then onto my feet in a carriage lunge which is hard enough to hold without a slippery surface, I realized I needed to get some more serious headgear. I need a wide headband and this is what I want.

Cooking -- I'm pretty sure I've included this in a previous Friday Five, but we all are loving on this easy One Skillet Mediterranean Chicken recipe this week.


No comments: