Friday, August 5, 2016

The Friday Five!



Reading -- We've been loving Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library so much that we checked out another Chris Grabenstein (with James Patterson) audiobook this week: I Totally Funniest. It's the third in the series, but we've had no trouble jumping in. Kane thinks it's hysterical. We also started the Ireland book of one of our favorite series that my mom started the kids on. We love all of them!

Cooking -- this roasted chicken recipe from Martha was DELISH. Next time I'd do all bone-in chicken breasts because not one Green likes the rest of the bird.

Making -- it's been a loooong time since we made a batch of homemade playdough because our Gingerbread batch has lasted since last fall. It's probably time to make something new, but we broke that back out this week and Cam made some playdough portraits with it using googly eyes, buttons, and sequins.

Playing -- we keep trying to deal with the heat by hitting up pool after pool. These dive sticks have lasted for several years and now that the kids can actually dive down to the bottom to retrieve them, they've become obsessed.

Wanting -- The only reason I've don't have any tattoos is because I could never decide what to get. In addition to her entire wardrobe on Odd Mom Out, I love Jill Kargman's wrist bow tattoo (and her general obsession with bows and goth meets preppy fashion sense). But, now that I know someone else has it, I can't get it!
SaveSave

No comments: