Friday, September 16, 2016

The Friday Five!

I'm glad it's Friday, but this week (and upcoming weekend when we'll be a roaming family while the last of our floors are hopefully finished up) can suck it. Here's all the things we (crankily) did this week.


Reading -- I grew up in a sailing family, so even though my strongest personal sailing skill is lounging, I'm getting a kick out of the sailing-obsessed family in Before the Wind which takes place on Puget Sound--another temporary home of mine. Kane and his friends at school have been running some kind of rock shop on the playground during recess and he has been bringing home pockets FULL of rocks. He checked this Rock and Gem book out of the library and has been pouring through it in hopes that he's dug up the next Hope Diamond.

Playing -- I've finally succumbed to the fact that I will not be doing any serious long distance running without constant PT and pain. It's annoyed me to no end and I've gone through cycles of not running at all, ill-advisedly running one off long stretches, and unhappily running 3 mile loops just to get it the aerobic exercise. I tried this new running app this week that's designed for weight loss and kind of love it. It's like running with a trainer without having to run with another actual person (hey, I like running by myself). I don't know if it will lead to any weight loss, but I'm mostly doing it to mix up my running routine and it's working.

Wanting -- I hated on Lulu a long time. But after spending lots of time in workout clothes, I can't help to love it. It's started to get a little chilly in the mornings (yay!!) so I have my eye on the classic Scuba hoodie in a new print (and yes I hate myself a little bit just for that sentence).

Making -- without our normal arts and crafts area, we still haven't been making much. But Cam has been working on a self-portrait at school and is all in a tizzy to get out the oil pastels at home as soon as we can. I love oil pastels and we have this great student set, but we hardly ever use them. So I'm committed to trying out a few new projects!

Cooking -- Our kitchen floors are being redone so I haven't cooked a thing all week long. It's making me insane. I feel like all I've consumed this week are salads in the car. And the kids are sick of eating out and not having our regular breakfast. Hopefully just a few more days until I get my kitchen back!!

No comments: