Friday, March 3, 2017

The Friday Five!!

Yay for March!! I'm pretending that means it is spring. Well, at least that means spring break is closer. We have parent teacher conferences this week, so the kids had the end of the week off. It's been so nice to take family field trips and get into projects that have been on our lists for months. Months! Here's how our week went ....



Making -- I've been working on a new Maker Area in Cam's room and one of the things she has really needed is a place to keep all her designs and ideas. We just tried some creative journaling for her and she loves it! OOLY's Color Pop All-In-One Notebook and colorful gel pens have been the perfect fun supplies to get her started.

Playing -- Kane became re-obsessed with Monopoly this week. And he is crushing everyone. He seems to have a fail-safe strategy and a serious good luck streak.

Cooking -- I loved this Loaded Taco Soup! The kids and Joel seemed to wish it was thicker like a chili, so I might let it simmer for longer next time or use less cooking liquid. Either way, it was delish.

Wanting -- I finally just finished my Whole60! I am so used to eating like that now, I'm just going to keep plugging along (except for vacation). But I added back in some alcohol, dairy (cheese!!), and occasional treat. I love these Larabar Bites for a bit of sweet without a lot of added sugar.

Reading -- the next Masterminds book isn't out until next week and we are all kind of losing it about waiting! To chill everyone out, we picked another series by the same author about Hypnotist kids. It's not told from multiple viewpoints, which is one of the things we love about Masterminds, but it's a great book so far. I'm also reading I'm Judging You: The Do-Better Manual. I needed some comic relief and to hear another person's smart snark this week.


No comments: