Friday, April 14, 2017

The Friday Five!!

We had a busy week with sports starting back up, a Banish Boredom maker workshop, new freelance work, family in town, Passover, and two sort of pop up mid-week social events. Plus my allergies have been slaying me. I had a migraine for almost two days straight last weekend despite the fact that I actually took my migraine medicine. In the end, the only thing that helped was sleep and bread. SO, that means I need to restart my Whole30, which is making me very grumpy. Getting through the first five days is the hardest part and I'd done that. Plus instead of eating sensibly this week until I could restart, I went way off the wagon. Which makes me even crankier. And then more bread. But there's always tomorrow .... Here's what else we got into this week: 


Wanting -- I'm not normally one for a lot of bright prints, but this dress looks like it would be perfect for summer. 

Cooking -- I bought a 7.5 lb brisket for Passover, which meant I split it in two and put one half in the oven and the other in the slow cooker. I used this recipe for both, but the one I cooked in the oven was WAY, WAY more delicious. Noted for next time! 

Reading -- I just started Shoe Dog this week and it's fascinating. 

Making -- we had a drop-in maker event last Sunday at a local DC library. It turned out to be an absolutely GORGEOUS day out, so not many people were inside at a library. But we had plenty of friends show up to make super fun collage portraits. I used our Polaroid Snap camera to take a photo of each kiddo and then they incorporated it into a collage -- kids love pictures of themselves! 

Playing -- Cam had her big first grade significant person's presentation this week. She researched and wrote a "speech" about Wilma Rudolph. She was all about dressing up for the role too and now she keeps wearing the medals around everywhere. 


No comments: