Friday, April 21, 2017

The Friday Five!!

This week has been dominated by our new pup Penny Lane! She is a super sweet girl we adopted last Sunday and we've spent most of the week getting her comfortable in her new home, teaching her our schedule, and just generally getting to know each other. She is a rockstar and the kids are obsessed! We're talking arguing over who can pick up her poop obsessed. I'll make sure to remind them of this next week when no one will take her outside.

Wanting -- I've had my current frames for a long time and I love them, but I'm in the mood for an additional pair to switch things up. These are the current top contenders.

Reading -- I'm having the hardest time getting back to Whole30 this spring (mostly, I can't up my wine in the evening), so I thought a little motivational reading might help. I read the basic books a few years ago, but just started Food Freedom Forever. Fingers crossed it kicks me in the right direction. The kids have been reading Penny all kinds of books for her "story time" and it is insanely adorable.

Cooking -- everyone loved these Chicken Fajita Stuffed Sweet Potatoes last night and they are a super easy weeknight meal.

Making -- Cam has moved on to designing clothes for Penny (of course), so she's been spending lots of time sketching doggie outfits in her creative journals.

Playing -- no big surprise that we've mostly been playing with Ms. Penny this week! She is a smart lady so I'm stocking up on some puzzle toys for her. I think this one's going to be a hit.

No comments: