Friday, June 23, 2017

The Friday Five!!

I feel like I blinked and it's Friday! Between summer camp, nights out, sports clinics, and swim team meets, this week just completely flew by. I totally forgot to post my Friday Five this morning. I'm sure you were devastated, so just to make sure you can head into your weekend feeling complete, here's what we got into this week ....



Making -- the kids' grandparents sent down this Tin Can Robot kit this week and they can't wait to work on it!

Cooking -- I love all kinds of raw seafood, but I really don't like cooking fish at home. And so despite the fact that our kids are fairly adventurous eaters, they also rarely eat fish. I decided to cook fish one night a week and this Halibut with Spicy Sausage had everyone hooked. Plus, it was so easy to make.

Reading -- we just started See You in the Cosmos and everyone is loving it (especially the little boy's dog, Carl Sagan!).

Playing -- no matter how many toys and games our kids acquire, nothing beats a set of fresh cardboard boxes. Our kids played with some giant cardboards boxes outside this week for almost 3 hours. In like 90-degree weather. And they used these paint sticks to turn boxes into offices, vehicles, you name it.

Wanting -- my herb garden is booming and I need a good pair of garden scissors!

No comments: